Your local link to the Internet since 1995.
Access Orlando is no longer providing dial-up or ADSL Internet Access Services
Eudora Lite 1.5.x
These instructions are based on Windows 95/98 version of
Eudora Light, but should be similar or the same for Windows 3.x
While running Eudora Light:
- If you have Eudora Light 1.5.2 - Click Special, click
If you have Eudora Light 1.5.4 - Click Tools, click
- Click Getting Started in the category list
- Under POP account enter email@example.com
replacing username with your username
- Under Real name enter your real name (i.e.
- If you have version 1.5.4: make sure there's a
dot next to Winsock
- Make sure that there is not a check in
- Click the Personal Information category
- Under Return address enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have version 1.5.4: Leave Dialup
- Click the Hosts category
- Next to SMTP enter mail.ao.net
- Leave Ph and Finger blank
- Click the Checking Mail category
- Skip big messages should not be x'ed
- Send on check should be x'ed
- Save password should be x'ed
- Leave mail on server should not be x'ed
- Authentication style should be set to
- Click the Advanced Network category (the last one in the
list, skip the rest)
- If you plan on sending and receiving large
attachments, or are currently having trouble
getting attachments with other e-mail software
set Network timeout after to 9999,
otherwise leave it at 60 seconds.
- Click OK
To check for new messages, click File at the top, then Check
Mail. It will ask you to enter your password (the password you
provided when you signed up) the first time you check for mail,
but only the first time.
If you ever want to read about or upgrade Eudora Light you can do
so at http://www.eudora.com/.